Top Realty Investors in India
India is among those developing countries whose annual growth rate is constantly going over 8% for last few years. In the recent years, India has been one of the most sought after destination for the real estate investors. Investors from all over the world are looking towards India to invest in different sectors of real estate. The big bosses of real estate investment sector are either grasping the projects on their own or they are combining with small or medium class companies to run huge projects. The biggest MNCs have already established their business in major cities of India and some new companies are in row to start their business as quick as possible. The booming economy of India and liberalized government policies are responsible for sudden large investments in real estate sector.
India Realty Market Size According to a survey by FICCI, the Indian real estate market is estimated to be of $12bn, with an ample growth rate of 30% annually. It is estimated that in the next 8 to 10 years, the Indian realty sector is likely to grow from US$ 15 billion to US$ 90 billion. According to industry sources, in 2007 realty equity deals worth $30 billion are in the process across all Asian markets. The Indian real estate market will have about one-fifth share of this investment. With $6 billion, India is behind Japan and China who are estimated to collect $9-10 and $6-7 billion respectively.
There are over 42 million sq. ft. of high quality retail space developed and under development in metros and other urban cities across the country. The top global investors like Morgan Stanley, Carlyle, Trikona, Blackstone, and Warbus Pincus are planning to invest a total of US$ 12-15 billion in coming years.
Major Investments and Joint Ventures Some of the major real estate business houses who are keen on ample investments are the Philippines based Ayala & Signature group, Dubai based Och-Ziff Capital, EurIndia & Old Lane. These are only few names to mention. Investors from other regions like US, UK, Israel, Malaysia, Singapore etc want to be a part of the real estate story of India. These are some major joint ventures which the foreigner companies have established with Indian real estate companies.
- Goldman Sachs (US-based global investment bank) and Unitech (largest listed Indian real estate company) have decided to set up a special purpose vehicle (SPV) in the real estate sector with an investment of US$ 208.7 million.
- DLF Ltd and Nakheel (a large property developer of the UAE) have joined hands for a 50:50 joint venture. The two will develop two integrated townships in India at a whopping investment of US$ 10 billion.
- Zürich based Credit Suisse (world's leading financial house) have finalized a deal to invest US$ 1 billion in India's real estate sector.
- DLF and Hilton Hotels Corporation (HHC) declared a joint venture to develop around 75 hotels and serviced apartments over 7 years.
- Dawnay Day International (UK based investment company) announced to invest US$ 1.5 billion in real estate in the next two years.
- Morgan Stanley lately finalized a deal with Oberoi Constructions worth about $150 million.
Major Players in Indian Realty Market DLF: The DLF group is India's largest real estate company expanding at a rate exceeding 30% annually. The group is working on projects covering areas over 220 million sq. ft. and is expected to start projects on 574 million sq. ft. in near future. DLF is operating its major plans and projects in different cities of India including NCR regions, Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Ahmadabad, Bangalore etc. DLF Joint Ventures are:
- DLF has finalized a joint venture with US-based hospitality major Hilton. In the next six-seven years they will build 50 to 75 hotels and serviced apartments in different cities in India.
- DLF and Fortis Healthcare have signed an Mo U for constructing 31 hospitals at an investment of Rs 6,200 crore.
- DLF and Nakheel (Dubai based property developer) announced a 50:50 Joint venture to develop two major townships in India.
- DLF and Prudential International Investment Corporation are planning to set up a joint venture in the near future for asset management.
Omaxe Omaxe is amongst the large real estate developers in India. They have been building high quality, artistically designed, strategically located residential and commercial spaces for several esteemed Indian private, public sector and Multinational clients.
In a short period of 5 years since establishment in 1987, the company has completed and delivered 10 projects consisting of 8 residential and 2 commercial covering approx 5.13 million sq. ft of area. Currently the company has 46 projects under development comprising 19 housing projects,13 integrated townships,13 shopping malls and commercial complexes and 1 hotel. In Northern and Central India, company is developing over 140 million sq ft of saleable area across 30 towns in 9 states.
Unitech Unitech Group is amongst the major township planning and real estate development companies in India. The business portfolio of this group includes residential property developments, leisure and entertainment projects, hospitality business and heavy construction.
- Unitech group has acquired land properties of over 8,000 acres all over India spreading from Gurgaon to Kolkata, Kochi, Hyderabad and Chennai.
- Unitech group is the foremost amusement park developer in the country with two major projects currently running and will probably finish in 2 to 3 years. The two parks, spread over 200 acres, are situated in Rohini (Delhi) and Noida .
- Unitech group has tied up with hotel major Marriott to enter in the hospitality sector. The two will launch business hotels in Gurgaon, Noida and Kolkata, under the courtyard brand.
Vatika GroupVatika Group is amongst the fast growing real estate developing companies in India. The business portfolio includes corporate & residential complexes, resorts, shopping malls, hotels and restaurants etc.
- Vatika Group build several high-class residential and commercial projects like Vatika First India Place, Vatika Triangle, Vatika Atrium etc. The group is currently working on three major commercial properties totaling over 1.5 million square feet.
- Vatika farms, Vatika greens, and Vatika woods created in the fringes of Gurgaon are some of the trendy communities build by this group.
- This group is developing Vatika Infotech City covering an 800 acres in Jaipur, consisting houses, plots and IT park.
- The Group has joined hands with restaurants Fox and Coriander Leaf to enter in the hospitality sector to build luxury hotels in Jaipur and Bangalore.
Ashiana GroupAshiana Group is one of the leading real estate developers in Northern India. They have concentrated only on housing development and build some quality residential projects. The group has undertaken more than 40 lacs sq. ft of construction in residential and commercial sectors.
- Some of their renowned and famous residential projects are Ashiana Villas, Ashiana Gardens, Ashiana Gulmohar Park, Ashiana Suncity, Ashiana Enclave, and Residency Greens.
- Ashiana group's unique project in Bhiwadi, Ashiana Utsav is a unique housing project, first of its type in India providing a comfortable post-retirement life for retired citizens.