Service apartment is a new term in residential sector, showing the changing trends of hospitality industry. It is a fully furnished apartment or an executive home that provides an alternative to Hotel accommodation. It offers accommodation with the atmosphere and facilities of a hotel with comforts of a home.
A serviced apartment is self-contained apartment, specifically designed for short-term stays, which provides amenities for daily use. If you are on an official visit or touring with your family, accommodation at serviced apartments can be a good choice for you. You will get world class services at a less cost compared to the five-star hotels. You have the option to select rooms and services according to your choices. You can select one, two or three bedroom apartments, with or without a/c.
Rise of Service Apartments Due to the boom in low airfares and cheap international travel, there has been a significant increment in the number of travellers and tourists visiting across the world. A travel can be cheap only if the accommodation is cheap and have world class facilities. Service apartments provide both of these facilities and due to this their demand is increasing regularly.
Serviced Apartments came forth as a good option for the companies, which spend a lot on their business trips and meetings. The cost of accommodation in a serviced apartment is much less than a luxury hotel with the same ambience and facilities. Slowly they are becoming the preferred choice of the SMEs due to their low budgets but top class facilities.
Common Services The Serviced Apartments provide the facilities and ambience of a hotel with the comforts of home. It is the most desired thing about them, which attracts people to Serviced Apartments instead of luxury hotels. Unlike Hotels, they are pet friendly and are easy on your pocket as well. Some common services and facilities, which you can get in every serviced apartment:
- Entertainment Facilities: You are provided 24 hour Internet connection, Hi-Fi music centre, Satellite TV and VCR/DVD, and other facilities.
- Transport Services: You may get facilities, like Airport pick-up on request, Cars on demand, Car parking, etc.
- Communication Services: In serviced apartments you will get all the communication facilities, like Direct dial telephone, Fax machine on request, Answer-phone, etc.
- Recreational Services: Fitness centers, Swimming pools, and Health clubs provide you the option to spend your leisure time.
- Fooding Services: Most of the serviced apartments provide the Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner facilities as per your choice.
Points to Look Before Accommodating Despite of their distinguished services you must look for certain points before accommodation.
- Location: The location of serviced apartment is most important. You should select one from where you could easily access your desired destinations. The markets, shopping complexes, movie theaters should be located nearby.
- Charges: Compare the charges with the hotels. The charges vary from one to another. So you must look for one, which fits within your budget and offer top class facilities.
- Services: The services and facilities provided in serviced apartments are not same in all. Before accommodating, you must enquire the services provided. There should be 24/7 room service, laundry service, house keeping service, etc.
Why Serviced Apartments? Gradually, the service apartments are becoming popular. The facilities and services are top class and at a convenient price. So next time you are on an official visit or family tour, explore these facilities.
- They are less expensive than hotels but the facilities are alike.
- They have fully equipped kitchens.
- They have separate living rooms.
- They provide excellent customer services, like, 24/7 room services, laundry services, house keeping services, etc.
- They have trained and friendly staffs, and in-house chefs.