A resort is a place used for recreation or relaxation during vacations or holidays. It is a commercial establishment, which provide all types of facilities, like food, drinks, lodging, entertainment, shopping, sports, etc within a single premise. Resorts are closely linked with convention and meeting places. They are generally established at those places of a city where meeting halls, dining spaces and entertainment are provided.
Types of Resorts A resort can be of various types depending on its location and the facilities. A resort can be situated on a hilly area or a coastal area. It may charge you a fixed amount or according to the facilities you desire. Here are some common types of resorts:
- Destination Resort: A destination resort is a resort, which usually isn't located near a destination, like hills, historic site, theme park, etc. Despite of that it contains all the essential facilities, which are capable of attracting tourists in bulk. It offers foods, drinks, lodging, entertainment and other essentials so that guests needn't to go anywhere throughout their stay. All the facilities are of higher class compared to the one located in the respective town.
- All-inclusive Resort: The all-inclusive resorts provide all the common comforts and facilities of a resort but the peculiar thing about them is that they charge a fixed price, to all customers, that includes all or most of the items. They include lodging, unlimited food, drink, sports activities, and entertainment for the fixed price. Their popularity has decreased in last decade.
- Luxury Resort: A luxury resort, also known as an exclusive resort is a very expensive vacation facility, including attractions, like golf, watersports, spa, skiing, natural ecology, tranquility, etc. They offer high degree of customer service and hospitality, and they are rated with five stars. Their main features are superb architectural interior & exterior design and strategic locations.
- Ski Resort: A ski resort is a type of resort usually on a mountain or hill. It contains ski trails and other vital supporting services. Food, rental equipment, parking facilities and a ski lift system catering to the sports of skiing and snowboarding are common facilities found at a ski resort. They are ubiquitous in areas where skiing is very popular.
- Seaside Resort: A seaside resort is located on the coast with all the facilities of a resort. It is also called a beach resort. Beaches or coasts have been a recreational place and they have been fascinating tourists. They provide a recreational environment and perfect destination for spending holidays or vacations along with some recreation. The tourists needn't go anywhere as they get everything from foods, drinks, entertainment to lodging and shopping.