A Penthouse is a luxury apartment on the top floor of a block. Usually it takes up the space of two or more apartments on floors below. The most common features of a penthouse apartment are a roof terrace, roof garden or an expansive balcony. Penthouses are mainly found in big cities. Most of them are situated in the heart of busy cities.
A penthouse is the essence of modern high class living. It is the dream property every young professional wants to buy. Though its prices are very high and isn't affordable by everyone, yet due to its unique facility of a quite and peaceful home at a premium location attracts people towards itself.
Eminent Features of a Penthouse The peculiar thing about a penthouse is that in spite of being located in the heart of a city it offers the feeling of a place situated far away from the busy and crowded life of cities and hence popularly demanded by higher class society.
- The panoramic views of the skyline: Being on the top floor provides the superb sky-views. After spending hectic schedules in offices, the cool panoramic view of skyline offers amazing sites, which provide you relief and quiet.
- City center location: Penthouses are mostly located in the heart of the city. Residing at such a location and high altitudes give a chance to look down on rushing city life. Such locations also provide easy access to hotels, restaurants, malls, schools, etc which save your important time.
- Association with Luxury: Generally, penthouse apartments are very expensive and associated with a lavish lifestyle. Owning a penthouse in the heart of a city shows the prestige and is linked with the reputation in the society. It is fitted with all types of modern amenities and facilities.
- The penthouse apartments may have exclusive features, like a private entrance or elevator, or higher ceilings, which are not available to the majority of apartments in the building.
- A penthouse apartment may be distinguished from other apartments by having two or more levels, while building apartments are primarily of single level.
- The entire floor space of a building may be occupied by a single penthouse or there may be several different penthouse apartments in a single building.
- A Penthouse apartment may also provide access to the roof space above the apartment as private terrace space.
Cost of a Penthouse The cost of a penthouse varies according to the city in which it is located and the position in that city. A penthouse in tear I cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, etc will be definitely costlier than in tear II cities, like Chandigarh, Ghaziabad or Hyderabad. The price of a penthouse also varies according to the location in a particular city. For example, the price of a penthouse at Connaught Palace in Delhi will definitely be much higher than the one located at outskirts of Delhi.