Offices in IT Park
Software and IT parks are very closely related terms and are often used interchangeably. The software and IT parks are aimed at research and development of softwares, its products and IT related services. IT park is a specified region with decent infrastructure where a numerous companies in the technology sphere work side by side. The IT parks come are of two types. One is "incubator" projects, which are suitable for start-up firms, and the other one is large business-center style constructions comprising of placeable market players. IT parks have magnificent research facilities along with the production process.
Information technology parks work with the objective of encouraging, promoting and boosting the software industry. These parks include a large number of big and medium companies, which are responsible for the development of software and software industry. These parks provide one-window services to domestic and foreign companies, which are engaged in IT business. They provide workspace, utilities, telecoms, and other infrastructure facilities of international standard at nominal costs.
IT Parks are integrated developments that provide extremely well IT industry specific infrastructure. They offer high speed connectivity and ready to use office spaces for the IT entrepreneurs and big companies as well. As time has passed the stress has directed from merely providing functional space to more quality and value added IT space infrastructure.
United States was the first country to establish IT park. 30 years of slowly but steadily work and research has made the country the largest of IT industry. It is recognized as the silicon valley. More than 160 IT parks are operating in US. Apart from US, European countries are the other big achievers in establishing IT parks. China and Japan also are the big players in this segment. The IT Parks are targeted at:
- Software Development
- Product Development
- Product Development (Research & Development)
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
- Training Facilities
- Other IT Services
IT Parks in India Though India has only 13 IT parks, yet the huge volume of this sector has made the country the global outsourcing leader of IT. Bangalore in India is one of the stars on the global map of IT parks. The park is developed as a result of huge investment from the government to push-up the start a local IT outsourcing industry. In India three types of IT parks are running currently:
- Software Technology Parks
- Export Processing Zones
- Export - Oriented Units
Why Invest In India?
- India provides low cost but high quality manpower, both of which are equally important for a business to run successfully.
- India has 2nd largest English speaking man power in the world.
- IPR (Intellectual Property Rights) laws are in place and are efficient.
- The country has world class infrastructure in power, transmission and data control.
- India has world 3rd largest brain bank.
- The manpower is adaptable to new technologies and developments.
- The country has maintained a static democratic environment in 50 years of independence.
- The environment here is investment friendly and supportive.