It is said that 'work is worship', and your place of worship, that means your office, should be ideal suiting to the essential needs and requirements. If you are looking for spaces to establish an office then you will have to consider various points in mind before making the final decisions.
Office spaces can be found at these places:
Your RequirementsFirst decide which style of office you want:
- Whether you want modern style office or period style.
- Is one floor sufficient for the purpose? If not, how many floors would satisfy your need. You can use the basement according to your requirements. You can use it for proper office use or as a store.
- Do your office need a self contained building?
- Selection of air-conditioning is optional. Now-a-days most of the offices are air-conditioned.
- Do you want your office to look prestigious, utilitarian, or perhaps funky?
- Do you want to have a commissionaire?
Choosing Space for Office While selecting spaces for offices you must take care of some points, like location of the site, parking space, etc. If you follow these suggestions you will be relieved from the burden of choosing ideal office site.
- Accessibility: Your office should be easily accessible by the roads so that the employees and clients don't have any problem in commuting. If an office is located at very far-off places where the means of approaching are less and it takes long time then it would decrease the efficiency of employees and ultimately the productivity of the office. Your office should also be en-route by buses, auto, etc.
- Parking Space: Whether you are opening office as a separate unit or in an IT park the parking area is always one of the most important points to give proper attention. The strength of your office staffs decides the space required for parking. Also the relative number of four-wheelers and two-wheelers decide the nature of parking. If the number of staffs coming from two-wheelers are more in number then the structure of parking space would be different.
- Surrounding Environment of Office: The strategic location of office decides the fate of your company or business. Assume what would happen if a vegetable vendor establish his shop far from the market, where the population is meager. His business would be totally in loss. So the location is a very important factor for running your business, be it a vendor or your office. Your office must be located within a business area or similar environments. If you are opening the office for your headquarter then it must be situated in the business parks or business arcades.
Serviced Versus Conventional If you want to start your office operation at the quickest then it will be better to choose a serviced office than a conventional one. A serviced office already have the basic infrastructure to start the operation soon. Here are given some points to compare the advantages and disadvantages of both type of offices
- Usually serviced offices are provided for short term leases than the conventional offices.
- These offices are flexible and immediately ready to do business in, while the conventional ones take time to start the operation.
- The serviced offices have plenty of support services, while the conventional offices have almost no additional services.
- The serviced offices are more expensive than the conventional one