A multiplex is a movie theater complex, which has a minimum of three screens. The number of screens may vary from one multiplex to another. The screens are usually smaller compared to general movie places. Largest of them are known as Megaplex. They usually have more than 15 screens. Some of them features stadium seating and other amenities, which are generally not found in small theaters. The seating structure of a multiplex is regular and they are very comfortable. A multiplex is known by different names, like movie theater, movie complex, cinema hall, cinema theater, etc.
Features of a Multiplex
- Top Class Seating Facility: Most of the multiplexes have world class seating facilities. They follow stadium style seating structure so that each viewer could get a proper view of the screen. The seats have reclining facilities and are equipped with cup-holder armrests for extra comfort.
- Latest Technology: They are equipped with best projection and acoustic systems using the modern and finest equipment and technology. The sound and picture quality is impeccable.
- Fooding Facilities: The attachment of a multiplex with the facilities of having food has proved beneficial for the owner as it attracts more crowd. Most of the multiplexes are housed with restaurants, ice-cream corners, snacks-corners, etc.
Why Invest in Multiplexes? Buying a commercial property is always intended towards earning and making profit. Multiplexes are one such commercial properties, which earn huge profits. Multiplexes are aimed at the middle and upper class. If we see the emerging huge middle class along with the upper class, it seems a bright prospect for the multiplexes. The booming Indian economy and the increasing spending capability of middle class people has created a favorable opportunity for the multiplex owners to have a good time. They are ready to spend a lot at the cost of quality entertainment, fun and enjoy.
The youth brigade is also responsible for the success of multiplexes in metros and other big cities. Outsourcing has taken the shape of an industry and youth have benefited the most. Their growing income has made them capable to spend an extra for entertainment and fun and multiplexes are benefited a lot with them.
Tips For Opening a Multiplex Opening a multiplex requires intense examining and probing into a lot of matter. Here we are giving some common but important tips, which will prove useful for you.
- Location: The most important point to consider before establishing a multiplex or movie theater is its location. It should be en-route and easily accessible. If it is situated in a market or near any commercial region, it will prove beneficial for the business.
- Volume of Land: The feasibility of a multiplex project depend on the volume of site. There must be sufficient space within the premise for parking. Space is also needed for snacks-point, coffee-center, etc, which have integral components of a multiplex. It is a factor which plays an important role in deciding the investment.
- Loan Facility: The opening of a multiplex need large investment. So you must avail the facilities of loan offered by a number of banks. Besides looking for cheaper interest rates and easy availability, you should also see the credulity of the bank.