A hotel is a building or an establishment that provides meals, lodging and other facilities on a short term basis. It includes restaurant, bar, pub, swimming pool, etc. Some hotels also provide conference services, meeting rooms, etc. The basic accommodation of a hotel room is a single/double bed, an attached bathroom, a cupboard. Entertainment facilities, like a TV, music system, Internet connection are also provided.
Classification of Hotels Hotels are classified usually on the basis of the accommodation, facilities, services and comforts they provide. There are different parameters to classify hotels in different countries. Some use star ratings, while some use grading system. The ratings and gradings are provided by the respective governments or by a volunteer organization. In India, star rating is used to classify the hotels. They are classified as one star, two star, three- and four star and five star hotels. The rating of the hotels also show what type of customers they cater to.
- One Star Hotels: Staying in a one-star hotel is generally cheap. They provide only the basic facilities.
- Two Star Hotels: Two star hotels are also known as 'budget hotels'. They usually have all the basic facilities, like restaurants, room service, etc.
- Three and Four Star Hotels: The three and four star hotels are deluxe hotels and contain very good facilities. They offer deluxe accommodation and prime services necessary to fully enjoy your time out without the uptightness of a luxury hotel.
- Five Star Hotels: They are the most luxurious and expensive hotels. They have world class facilities and services. These hotels are aimed at upper class of people.
Features/Facilities Available in a Five Star Hotel Five-Star hotels are the symbol of luxury and richness added with comfort. They are the ultimate destination for the travelers who want a lavish staying and world class facilities. The superb customer services and high degree of hospitality are the attractions of five-star hotels.
- Luxury Rooms: The rooms in a five star hotel are equipped with all the modern amenities meeting world class standards.
- Car Rental/ Pick and Drop Facility: Five star hotels provide the facility of pick and drop from the airport. They also provide cars on rentals.
- Bar and Restaurants: All five star hotels have bar and restaurants facilities within their premises.
- Swimming Pool Facility: Swimming pools are provided to spend leisure time and for recreational purpose.
- Health Club: They contain health clubs, which include Gym, Yoga-room, etc.
- Golf Courses: Some five star hotels have golf courses within the hotel premises.
Hotels: Globalization and Opportunities The Globalization is epitomized by the rapid movement of people across national borders worldwide. And it is the hospitality sector which has been the focal point. Tourism has become the world's largest export industry as it is involved with enormous cross-border flows of capital and people. Hotels in this context have attained an important position as they constitute a vital portion of the service industry. To cope with huge number of travelers and tourists, a large number and class of hotels have come up.
If you are willing to invest in the commercial real estate sector then hotels will be the best option. The boom in hospitality and tourism industry has opened huge opportunities for the hotels. The revenues are pretty much higher. The government is helpful and allow tax rebates for some years. So the opportunities are inviting you to open hotels.