Traditionally a farmhouse is a type of building or house which serves a residential purpose in the rural or agricultural areas, where the surrounding environment is a farm. The building is single storied or two storied. The meaning of a farmhouse has significantly changed. The modern farmhouse is a luxurious housing estate in the countryside, away from the city. They aren't based around any actually farm.
The modern farmhouses are a place for rural retreat for wealthy person. They come to these places in vacations or when they want to take rest away from the city's environment.
Generally farmhouses are spread on 2 to 8 acres of land. They have lush green and expansive space. Most of them have swimming pool with filtration plants and changing rooms. They also have tennis court, servant quarters, telephone, and other such facilities.
Attraction of Farmhouses
- Clean Air: The farmhouses are located far from the crowd, noise, and pollution, at the outskirts of city or in rural areas. Breathing in fresh and clean air provides an amazing experience to the people, and it is also very beneficial for health.
- Quiet Location: The farmhouses are very quiet and peaceful, as they are away from the continuous loud voices of automobiles horns.
- Quiet Retreat: The farmhouses provide a place to spend some time alone with your family, away from the crowd of offices, friends, etc.
- Ideal place for marriages /parties: Today, farm houses are very popular for those people who want to display a lavish lifestyle in any kind of festive occasion, be it a marriage or a birthday party.
Costs of Farmhouses
- Farmhouses are located at the outskirts of cities and are spread in acres of land. They include spacious plots in the front of house or at nearby locations excluding the building. Some of them include swimming pools and tennis courts or other sports courts. Though the value of lands at the outskirts are low but due to large coverage areas their costs are pretty much higher.
- The cost of a farmhouse also depends on its location. The cost of land at the outskirts of bigger cities, like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, etc are higher than those one at the same locations in smaller cities.
- A farmhouse at a natural location costs more than one situated at normal locations. Farmhouses near to a sea-beach or near a river coast will definitely cost much more than an ordinary one. The farmhouses at hilly and mounted areas also cost more.