The role of educational institutions in real estate industry has become significant as they are increasing in numbers as well as in sizes. A large number of educational institutions, like engineering institutions, management institutions, medical colleges, law colleges, etc have been the foundation of the future of students, societies and the country.
Educational institutions are considered as the commercial properties. They are commercial because they bring huge revenues and they are considered as properties because the buildings and other equipment and accessories are a life long investment.
Basic Requirements for Establishing a Educational Institute
- Infrastructure: The infrastructure of a educational institution should be appropriate enough to meet the standards. They must have proper number of classrooms, seminar halls, laboratories, libraries, conveniences, meeting places, playgrounds, etc.
- Affiliation: To start any educational institutions you must have the proper affiliation certificate from the respective concerned authoritative bodies. Without having the essential certificate you will not be allowed by the government to operate the institute.
- Location: The educational institutes should be located at places far from the crowd. If the institutes are of large set up then they require huge amount of lands and finding so much space in the heart of city prove very costly. So big institutes should be away from the city.
- Accessibility: The institutes should be easily accessible by road transportation so that the students, teachers and staffs may reach the institute by bus, car, etc.
India: A Major Learning Center India has been a major center of learning for thousand of years. Right from the ancient and medieval periods to till date, India has seen some well renowned and famous educational institutes. From Nalanda University to today's IITs & IIMs, we have been carrying our legacy of premier educational institutes. Students from all over the world are coming to learn in Indian Institutes.
Our education system is based upon 12 years of schooling. Then a minimum of 5 years to complete the graduation is required and thereafter it depends on the choice of subjects and institutes. Half of the population of India are under 25 years of age and a large number of institutions are needed to fulfill their educational requirement
Why Invest in Educational Institutions? India is a vast and populous country where the percentage of youth is very high compared to other countries. The literacy rate is very poor, specially in the rural India, compared to the developed countries. But slowly and steadily the literacy rate is increasing in the rural sectors as well as in other parts of India. So the number of students in India are increasing at all levels, i.e. Primary, secondary, and higher levels. To fulfill their demand a large number of educational institutes are required.
Educational institutes are sources of large revenues. Whether it is the school at primary level or school at the secondary level or senior secondary level. Running a educational institute is like a business. You can recruit skilled and professional peoples to manage the administration. One major advantage is that it passes from one generation to other.
Types of Educational Institutions
- Engineering Colleges
- Medical Colleges
- Management Colleges
- Law Colleges
- Coaching Institutes/ Preparation Centers
- Other Technical Institutes